All-State is the highest honor a Texas music student can receive. Texas Music Educators Association, or TMEA, is responsible for the auditions and concerts for Texas All-Region and Texas All-State Choirs. KISD competes in TMEA Region 30 Large School All-State Auditions. There are four audition levels in the All-State process. The final audition determines membership in the All-State Choirs.
For many of our students, the journey to All-State begins with attendance at one of the many summer camps offered in Texas. Camps fill up quickly, so please register early if interested.
The All-State audition process begins in the fall throughout the state in each of the TMEA Regions. Students perform selected music for a panel of judges who rank each voice part. From this ranking, a select group of musicians advances from their Region to TMEA Area competitions and from there the highest-ranking qualify to perform in a TMEA All-State music group.
Procedures for Auditioning for 2021-2022:
- Purchase your music and learn it. All-State music packets can be purchased from
JW Pepper or from Penders Music
- Practice tracks are available in the KHS Choir All-State Google Classroom.
- See the Notes about the Vocal Recordings.
- Check the TMEA All-State page for updates and additional notes.
- Complete an All-State Audition Form found in the All-State Google Drive and turn in your $20 registration fee.
- Make a note of all the audition dates and list of songs for each All-State round below.
- Sign up for Remind: text @txallstate to 81010.
- Join our Google Classroom for All-State.