The KHS 'Voices for Choir' Booster Club is pleased to award various scholarship opportunities to students in our choir program. Eligibility requirements for each scholarship type can be found below. Please see the 'Voices for Choir' Music Scholarship Application for rules and submission requirements when it opens in the Winter of 2024 and can be downloaded from the link below.
For the scholarships, students must meet eligibility requirements outlined below and are evaluated based on:
- academic achievement
- involvement in choir and other activities
- and goals for the future
Deserving students are awarded scholarships to recognize their dedication to choir and to encourage them to continue their music education.
Scholarships Provided by Choir
The Chi-Chi King Honorary Scholarship
- Eligible for Seniors that are going into Choir/Music Program in a Post-Secondary Institution/College/University
- Awarded to one graduating Senior per academic year
The Voices for Choir Scholarship
- Eligible for Seniors that are studying any subject in a Post-Secondary Institution/College/University
Summer Enrichment Grant (SEG)
- Eligible for any Choir Student (Freshman - Junior) that fits all requirements and is attending a fine arts/choir camp and/or applicable summer enrichment programs (Voice Lessons, All-State Camp, Etc.)
Scholarship Totals Provided
- The Amount of scholarships and grants awarded will be determined annually based off of fundraising efforts.
KHS Choir Scholarship Eligibility Policy
For a student to be eligible for a scholarship their senior year, these requirements must be met throughout their high school career:
- Parents must be a member of the choir booster club at least 2 of the 4 years that their child is in high school with a minimum donation of $50
- Parents must volunteer a minimum of 15 hours in each of the two years*
**Parents can be a member of the choir booster club with a donation of $250 or higher in each of those two years to waive the volunteer hours requirement.**
Scholarship Eligibility for SEG:
- Parents must be a member of the Booster club for that academic year.
- Parents must volunteer at a minimum of 10 hours for that academic year.
SignUp.Com will be our system of record for event volunteer hours and attendance at booster meetings will count toward volunteer hours (1 hour credit per meeting).
**Special circumstances may be considered for scholarships.**
The choir booster board hopes you will join us in supporting our kids and this incredible program. Not only will you be helping the choir, but you will have a lot of fun volunteering alongside other parents just like you. It’s a great way to get out, meet new people and make new friends!